Mining and Extractive Industry is playing vital role in the economies of Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia, creating jobs, developing infrastructure, facilitating trade and cross-border investments.
In the view of current world economic growth uncertainties, new security threats and declining raw material prices, the issues of integration process in Eurasia and their impact on the mining industry become particularly crucial. Countries react to external challenges by modifying the national taxation regulations, introducing support measures or imposing foreign trade constraints.
Due to market uncertainties, demand for investor capital in 2016/17 is likely to outweigh supply. With signiﬁcant number of financiers and fund managers approaching the assets with caution, it is vital for Miners and the Governments to clearly explain how they can generate profits and manage risks.
Organised in London since 2012 the MINEX Eurasia Conference is the UK’s premier mining investment Forum on Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia.
The 5th MINEX Eurasia conference was held on Monday 28 November 2016 at the offices of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ
– The conference program featured presentations of 11 major and junior mining companies operating in Russia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia.
– Keynote by Badamsuren Khookhor, Vice-Minister, Ministry of Mining and Heavy Industry of Mongolia
– Over 30 experts presented at six sessions and panel discussions on Mining, Finance and Regulation in Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia.
– The conference attracted over 150 delegates from Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Kyrgyz Republic, Belarus, Uzbekistan, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France and Switzerland.
– 80% of the audience were senior financial and mining executives and media.
– Live video broadcast of the Conference sessions and Sweepstake were organised on MINEX Forum Facebook
– Brief summary of the conference
– For a free copy of the full conference report please contact MINEX Forum secretariat by completing this form or Phone: +44 207 520 9341
– The 6th MINEX Eurasia Conference will be held in London on 27 November 2017